it’s almost Boysenberry Festival time at Knott’s Berry Farm, and i can’t wait! it’s one of our family’s favorite events of the year at Knott’s. and this year, it will be a three week long celebration instead of two…yay!!!!! it’s all happening April 1st through the 23rd, so you better make plans to go.
last week i attended a media preview event at Knott’s, and had a chance to try some of the new food items that will be offered at the Boysenberry Festival. there will also be some of the oldies but goodies at the festival this year. i’ve been waiting for them to come back!
especially the FUN BUN. a deep fried cinnamon roll topped with obey gooey boysenberry cream cheese icing.
boysenberry treats including….boysenberry cotton candy, boysenberry trifle, boysenberry panna cotta, boysenberry flautas and even boysenberry candy.
and don’t forget about the FUN STICK!!!! a pice of cheesecake dipped in funnel cake batter, fried and drizzled with boysenberry cream. this was one of my favorites.
here are some of the items in the 2017 line-up!
• Marinated Boysenberry Meatball on a Stick with Boysenberry BBQ Sauce
• Deep Fried Alligator & Fries with Boysenberry Aioli
• Boysenberry Short Ribs over Rice
• Boysenberry Ravioli *New For 2017*
• Boysenberry & Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwich in a Boysenberry Bun Combos
• Corn on the Cobb with Boysenberry Butter and Boysenberry Mayonnaise
• Boysenberry Pizza made with arugula and goat cheese
• Boysenberry BBQ Wings
• Boysenberry Salad
• Boysenberry Churro Sundaes with Boysenberry Ice Cream
• Boysenberry Stuffed Churros
• Boysenberry Fry Bread *New For 2017*
• Build-Your-Own Mini Boysenberry Pies
• Boysenberry Pie, Tarts & Turnovers
• Boysenberry Cheesecake
• Boysenberry Panna Cotta with Almond Crumble
• Boysenberry Triffle
• Boysenberry Ice Cream & Ice Cream Cones
• Fun Bun: Fried Cinamon Roll with Boysenberry Cream Cheese Topping
• Fun Stick: Fried Cheesecake on a Stick with Boysenberry Sauce
• Boysenberry Flautas
• Boysenberry Cookiewich Sandwich
• Boysenberry Cotton Candy
• Chocolate Covered Boysenberry Cheesecake on a stick *New For 2017*
• Boysenberry Nutella Crepes *New For 2017*
• The “Walter Knott” (Ice Tea & Boysenberry Punch)
• Boysenberry ICEEs & ICEE Floats
• Boysenberry Latte
• Boysenberry Beer & Wine
• Boysenberry Cream Soda *New for 2017*
• Boysenberry Milkshake
The Boysenberry Bites Tasting Card
the main thing you are going to want to get is the Boysenberry Bites Tasting Card. for only $25, the tasting card includes generous portions of six delectable treats: Boysenberry Pizza at Wagon Wheel Pizza, Boysenberry Ravioli at Spurs Chophouse, Boysenberry Buffalo Wings at the Gold Trails Hotel, Boysenberry BBQ Meatballs at the Bank of Calico, Boysenberry Fry Bread at the Gourmet Churro Factory, and Boysenberry Pana Cotta at the Ghost Town Bakery. this is probably the best way to experience the Boysenberry Festival.
and for those who love wine and beer, you can visit the Wilderness Lodge and enjoys some Knott’s Boysenberry Festival Wine & Craft Beer Tasting. guests can try 4 craft brews and over 50 different wines from 36 producers including boysenberry beer and boysenberry wine.
you’re also going to want to come to Knott’s during the Boysenberry Festival, not only for the boysenberry food, but also for lots of spring fun happenings on the Farm. from flowers, to spring decorations, fun photos props, shows happening in Calico Square, the Easter Beagle Meet & Greet in Camp Snoopy, 80’s Dance Party on the Boardwalk, DJ Cruz in Fiesta Village and the live stage show, Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree.
and before you leave the park, stop and check out the blooming wisteria, the oldest living thing at Knott’s Berry Farm. they are super beautiful and located right next to the Geode Shop near the entrance to Ghost Town.
admission to the Boysenberry Festival is included with park admission, however, there is an additional charge for all food and beverage. the Boysenberry Festival only goes for three weeks, so hurry and visit before it ends this year on April 23rd, 2017.
in the meantime, i’ll be whipping up some boysenberry foods with some special boysenberry ingredients i got from Knott’s. you can get some too when you visit.
happy boysenberry eating!!!!