a few weeks ago i wrote about Colgate® Enamel Health™ and how i believe that a smile is the most beautiful thing on your face. i even designed this fun Smile Printable for you to download for FREE! not only do i believe that a smile is beautiful, did you know that a smile has hundreds of positive benefits? smiles do a lot more than simply let the world know you’re happy. there are scientific proven health benefits of smiling.
of course, i can't name them all on this post, but here are my 5 favorite benefits of a smile:
1. Smiles reduce stress and put you in a better mood. when you start to feel stresses, take a minute and smile, or enjoy a good laugh. smiling releases endorphins that help deminish stress hormones. it's the free way to change a bad day to a better day.
2. Makes you look and feel younger. when you smile, the muscles lift your face up and reduce sagging skin. it can make you look years younger than you are.
3. Increases Productivity. you know when you turn on happy music and your house gets cleaner faster? smiling helps us be more productive and perform tasks at an increased rate. stress can limit our perceptions and by smiling our attention span broadens and allows us to multi-task.
4. Lowers Your Heart Rate. smiling can temporarily lower your heart rate and also relax the body. it also has been proven that people who smile have less risk of heart disease.
5. Live Longer. people who smile, live longer. the health benefits of smiling reduce heart problems and stress. it also boosts the immune system helping us fight illness.
so keep smiling...not only is it beautiful, it's also contagious. when you smile at others, half the time they will smile back at you. do you know what that means? you are not only making them feel good, but also spreading the health benefits of smiling to them. imagine how much healthier the world would be if everyone just smiled a little more!
so what can you do to protect your beautiful smile so that you can keep it shining to the world? by keeping your enamel healthy.
tooth enamel insulates and is the hard protector of our teeth, but it can still chip and crack from daily use such as chewing, biting,and grinding. there are also tiny bacteria living in our mouths that can produce acids which cause our enamel to erode. once the enamel is destroyed, our bodies will not make any more to replace it. by using products like Colgate® Enamel Health™, we can help revive our enamel by replenishing and polishing your teeth for a strong, healthy smile. there are two Colgate® Enamel Health™ toothpastes for you to choose from. Colgate® Enamel Health™ Whitening, which has a dual action formula that gently whitens and polishes teeth will helping with replenishing calcium. and Colgate® Enamel Health™ Sensitivity Relief which not only helps with replenishing calcium, but help build increasing protection against sensitivity.
here's a short video of me using Colgate® Enamel Health™ Whitening to brighten my smile. i have been using it for a couple weeks, and have noticed whiter teeth. now that is a good thing.