remember when i posted my all-time favorite breakfast? well i should have said it was my all-time except for the falltime favorite breakfast. because when the fall arrives and it's apple time, this is my favorite beakfast. Apple Puffed Pancake. warm, applelicious, with whipped cream and brown sugar melting over the top. yummy!
here is how you make it:
1-½ cup milk
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter or margarine
3-4 apples peeled and thinly sliced (i use the slicing side of my box grater)
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
whipped cream & brown sugar for topping
• preheat oven to 425º f.
• in blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt & cinnamon until blended. (if you are using a mixer, the batter will remain lumpy)
• melt butter or margarine in a 12-inch round or 9 x 13" baking dish in oven.
• add apple slices to baking dish and return to oven until butter sizzles. (do not brown)
• remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples.
• sprinkle with brown sugar
• bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and browned.
• serve immediately with brown sugar and whipped cream
makes 8 servings
p.s. it doesn't get as puffy as my all-time favorite breakfast. you will know it is done when the middle is set, and it's browned.