and many times dinner. i can not tell you how many times i have made this recipe. it has been my childhood family's favorite and now my family's favorite. there is just something about fresh strawberries and warm puffy pancake that makes my mouth sing! i have served it to friends, had it for special occasions and made it for myself when i need to be cheered up. and now i would like to pass the recipe on to you. so simple.....and soooo yummy! a Mother's Day must have.
Pancake Puff with Strawberries
¾ stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
¼ cup orange juice (i use pineapple orange banana)
½ teaspoon salt
sour cream or whipped cream
• heat oven to 425º
• place butter in 7 x 11" or 9 x 13" glass baking dish (i prefer smaller),
place into oven until bubbling.
• blend the rest of the ingredients together (a blender works great, batter can be slightly lumpy)
• pour batter into bubbling butter and place into oven
• cook for about 20 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and VERY puffy.
• serve immediately. this is BEST when served from the oven straight to the table, so be prepared.
• cut and serve. top with sour cream (my fav ) or whipped cream. then strawberries followed by powdered sugar.
• enjoy heaven on a plate!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!