What you need
- Green crayons
- Blue crayons
- White crayons
- Muffin tin
- Take the paper off your crayons and break them up into small pieces. i like to use light and dark greens and blues. you can also add white if you'd like.
- Arrange crayon pieces in muffin tin. try to place the colors to next to different colors. fill about ¾"- 1" full.
- Place into 300º degree oven just until they fully melt. (about 20 minutes) don't let them stay in there too long or else the colors will mix up into one color and the wax will start to smoke.
- Let completely cool. I let mine cool on the stove top for 15 minutes and stick in the fridge for 15 minutes and they pop right out.
- Whala! Homemade Earth Day Crayons
So Cool! And so easy, too. Love it.
My Three Little Goonies
These are so cute Jill!! Thanks for sharing the tips on how to make them.
These are gorgeous! Do they ruin the muffin pan? Can't wait to try. The Learning Lab
Sandy Toes and Popsicles
No, but I have one I use only for crafts.
I really love this. We're definitely doing this on Earth Day. Thank you.