we love popsicles around here. remember these fun rainbow ones? so i thought….how about a popsicle for adults. ones the kiddies will pass up (although baby just loves these). how about a Red Velvet Popsicle! my all-time favorite cake flavor….chocolate cake with cream cheese icing.
so, here is what i came up with……i just love them. and i used those small little dixie cups, they make the perfect little afternoon indulgence on these hot summer days.
1 – large boxes (5.1 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix
8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powder sugar (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
red food coloring (optional)
Dixie Cups (3 oz.)
• prepare pudding according to the directions. add red food color to make it the red velvet color.
• in another bowl, soften cream cheese.
• add 3/4 cup milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla to the cream cheese.
• whisk cream cheese mixture until smooth.
• layer the chocolate pudding and cream cheese mixture into small dixie cups. i did the pudding first because i didn’t want to wait for the cream cheese mixture to harden. this way the pudding was thick enough to hold the cream cheese and make the popsicle stick stand up.
• cover with tin foil. insert popsicle sticks.
• chill in refrigerator 2 hours, then place in freezer to completely freeze.
to eat, peal off dixie cup paper and enjoy your pudding pop!