marbled egg dying
• in different containers, combine one tablespoon of each of the following: oil, vinegar, and your choice of food coloring.
• add enough water to make the liquid deep enough to cover an egg.
• swirl the liquid with a spoon, and quickly lower and raise an egg into it.
• pat dry with a paper towel, and repeat with a second color.
• swirl into a third color, if desired. Some white areas can be left on the egg.
• gently pat dry the completed egg, leaving a bit of the oil to give the egg a varnished look.