a while ago, i promised to share how i made these cute clothespins for my sister's baby shower for favors here. well, with this crazy pregnancy and all the last minute work i had to get done....i never did. so now i am.
they are very easy to make...and inexpensive. i use them for all sorts of things: bag clips, paper clips, holding gift cards on gift bags, or i put a magnet on them to hold stuff on the fridge.
• scrapbook paper
• wooden clothespins (i got them at Walmart by the ironing boards)
• Semi-gloss Varnish/Sealer
- like Anita's Water Clean-Up Polyurethane or Mod Podge
• paper cutter
• paint brush
• trace or measure clothespin and cut scrapbook paper to fit onto clothespin.
• brush varnish onto clothespin, then place paper over it.
• finish off with 1-2 more layers of varnish to seal and protect the paper.
• when dry, repeat on opposite side of clothespin.
• if you want, glue a magnet or thumbtack to the back.
whala! you now have cute clothespins.
They are fab!