since i am having to completely redo the house from the flood we had a few months back....i have been trying to create a more playful atmosphere around here. i like things eclectic, and a bit quirky. so the boys and i made these melted crayon art pictures to hang on the wall. what kid doesn't like to see things melt into beautiful streams of color. seriously cool and super simple.
make your own
melted crayon art
what you need:
• got glue gun
• cardboard cut to size
• blow dryer
• frame (optional)
• glue crayons to the cardboard using hot glue
• lay your cardboard at an angle (approximately 45º)
• using the lowest speed and hot/warm setting, start melting the crayons.
• you can manipulate the wax drops as they start to fall by angling the blow dryer or adjusting the angle of the cardboard.
• let cool
• the great thing about this art piece is that you can make it any way you want, and no two are the same.