we had so much fun making the apple pie play dough, that today we decided to make sparkle halloween play dough. i wanted to have a halloween theme, so i chose to make pumpkin pie play dough and black licorice play dough. and then to add a little halloween magic....some sparkles!
• 1 cup flour
• ½ cup salt
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon cream of tarter
• 1 cup water
• food coloring (just add until you get the desired color)
• glitter (optional), i love the Martha Stewart fine glitter
• scents (optional)
(i used: 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice for the pumpkin pie play dough & 2 teaspoons of anise extract for the black licorice scented play dough)
• mix all of the ingredients (except glitter) together in a sauce pan.
• place on medium high heat on the stove
• stir frequently until the dough starts pulling away from the sides of the pan.
• remove from the stove.
• let dough cool enough to handle, then knead the dough. (add sparkles now)
• place it in an airtight container.
whala! another batch of great smelling play dough to add to our collection!