Visiting the floats after the Tournament of Roses Parade is always a fun activity for our family. we try to go every year. i am always surprised that the kiddies enjoy it as much as they do every time we go. and this year they are very excited since they got to help decorate the Dole float this year.
So if you have some time today or tomorrow, try going up to Pasadena and checking out the parade floats. one of the best things about seeing them in person is the beautiful flowers. And you usually get fantastic pictures because the colors and details are amazing in person. don't forget your camera.
Tips for Visiting the Rose Parade Floats
• wear tennis shoes, you will be walking and most likely will have to park far.
• bring some water or drinks (kids are always thirsty)
• bring your camera
• strollers are a good thing for kids who don't like to walk far.
• plan to get there by 2:00 p.m., the ticket booths close at 3:00 p.m. (we had this experience last year, and half of us didn't get tickets in time.)
• carpool if you can, the less cars your group comes in the better because of limited parking.
• study a map to get familiar with the area...this will help you find closer parking and figure your route to the float area.
• MOST OF ALL, use this time to enjoy the beginning of the new year! these are memories your kiddies will carry throughout there lives.
wanna go? here's the info...
January 1, 2013 • 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
January 2, 2013 • 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
*early admission for senior citizens and disabled visitors from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00a.m.
$10 (free for children five and under)
*Ticket sales end at 3:00 p.m.; venue closes at 5:00 p.m.
Advance Tickets: are available through Sharp Seating Company at (626) 795-4171. Tickets will also be available at the event box office and all Park-N-Ride locations.