• Born and raised in San Francisco Bay Area
• Elementary school instructor – Hawaii, Washington, California
• Gifted Education advisor – Orange County, CA.
• Relief Society President - woman’s church organization - America and Asia
• Assistant Curator of Education- Bowers Museum of Cultural Arts, Orange County.
• Education and Family consultant for corporate families. American, British, Australian, and French International schools.
• Intermediate and high school counselor – Orange County, California
• Mother of three adult children and grandmother of three little ones.
• Areas of focus:
• Effective parent /child communications
• The importance of understanding the language of play.
"parents of young children deserve the best information available. with my experience and a strong network of creditable resources, i seek to provide guidance in areas which may be confusing or frustrating. i wish to help parents prepare their children to become wise and confident decision-makers as they negotiate into an expanding and sometimes confusing world of choices."
I found a book titled The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine Aron. The personality traits seem to fit with my son's personality. Have you had experience dealing with HSC's before? I find it difficult to control the way I react to his reactions.
Audrey, Faye is very excited about your question and will be answering it in my next week question series. She feels it is a very important area to address. Stay tuned for her response!
Hi Faye, I am quite interested in the question of HSC's as well, cos I find my son is probably one of this type of children. Will check this blog for your anwser later.
I have known Faye for 12 years. She is very perceptive and wise in her counseling. She has helped me work through some very tough personal challenges. She has also counseled with my children as well. Our family has been blessed to have Faye's help and support. I consider her a dear friend and I highly recommend her to anyone who needs help through life's challenges.