i am sure many of you think i am crazy for loving Chuck E. Cheese's, but if you have only been there on a crazy weekend or birthday party, i don't blame you. i am very selective about my trips there. i will not go on the weekend, i will not go on a holidays, i will not go during summer, and i try not to go after 2:30 in the afternoon, when school is out. i only go to Chuck E. Cheese's on weekdays when school is in session. it is wonderful. (monday night is also pretty low key)
i went yesterday from 11-1pm, and there were only eight other kiddies besides mine. that is usually the norm. i had a coupon for 100 tokens for $10. we only used half. i actually fed my kiddie before and just brought him a snack. But i usually bring in my own food, and they don't seem to care. But i like to buy a drink or salad bar. i also love how they hand stamp the adult and child so that only those with matching hand stamps can leave together. (however, i still keep my eye on my kiddies) we played for two hours, and had a great time. you should try it.
my tips for going to Chuck E. Cheese's:
- sign up online to receive coupons.
- there are reward charts for getting good grades, potty training, chores, etc. available online for free tokens.
- pick a table close to the entrance so that you can monitor your children not leaving.
- only give the kiddies 1-3 tokens at a time, that way they have to keep coming back to check in with you every few minutes.
- bring hand sanitizer.
- bring your own food if you don't want pizza. and the all-you-can eat salad bar there is pretty good.
- bring a friend to chat with while the kiddie are enjoying themselves.
- have a great time!
Don't you feel embarrassed bringing outside food into Chuck E Cheese? That is just beyond cheap and tacky!