Here is a very Easy Restaurant Style Salsa recipe. You can make it without having fresh tomatoes on hand. You used canned tomatoes for this recipe. My sister first introduced this salsa to me, and now it's a staple when I have a salsa craving. You may think that there's no way this salsa could be good, but it is really is! Canned tomatoes have come along way...many tomato companies pick their tomatoes ripe and can them the same day. The fresh cilantro and sea salt is what really enhances the flavor and makes it taste super fresh.
This recipe is so much better than jar salsa. I keep these ingredients on hand just in case we have visitors or i need it for a mexican meal or saturday sandwich fest. Every time I make it, someone asks for the recipe, so I'm not the only one who thinks it's good. After you try it...you will too!
How to make Restaurant Style Salsa
To make this Easy Restaurant Style Salsa recipe, you will need a can of Ro*tel, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of stewed tomatoes, salt and cilantro. You can add chopped onion if you want. However, if you want it spicier, use the "HOT" Ro*tol or add some finely diced jalapeño.
Take all the ingredients above and blend them all together. That's it...you are finished.
I told you it was easy!
Now I am super hungry. I can eat this salsa by the spoonful, and like it best when it's been chilled...but it tastes just as good immediately after you prepare it.
- 1 can Ro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (½ – ¾ cup)
- ½ cup chopped onions (optional)
- 1–2 tsp salt (I prefer kosher or seal salt)
(For spicier salsa, use the hot Ro*tol or add some finely diced jalapeño)
- In a blender, blend together Ro*tel, stewed tomatoes, and diced tomatoes.
- Next, add cilantro (and onion) and blend again.
- Add salt to taste as you blend again. You will probably need at least 1 tsp of salt...maybe more depending on your tastes.
- Chill and serve.
Makes 6 cups and stores in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. enjoy!